Friday, January 6, 2012

Bird Nest Necklace



I was thinking all day of what I was going to post about.  I'm only 6 days in to my 365 days of posts and I'm already drawing a blank...not a good sign, but then I remembered something I wanted to post about, but couldn't.  I had made a necklace for my BFF, Sara, but just sent it this week so I had to make sure she had gotten it before I posted it.  I'm sure that Sara is a loyal follower of my blog and I would never want to spoil the surprise.  (We'll see when Sara actually gets around to posting a comment - she's a busy girl).

I'm not a jewelry maker.  I have no tools, I don't know the lingo and intricate things seem to frustrate me.  However, I saw this necklace online while perusing through Pinterest and I have been wanting to try and make one for months.
I had my doubts, but this was surprisingly easy to make and the only thing you really need besides that supplies for the actual necklace is a needlenose pliers and something to cut wire.  I used a splicer because that is all I could find.  Sarah Ortega's step by step tutorial is right here.

Here is the one I made:
The colors symbolize the months that her 3 beautiful babies were born. 

No comments:

Post a Comment