Saturday, January 14, 2012

He's Lucky He's Cute

Rory will be 3 years old on March 3rd.  He's just a little guy - barely able to wear 24 month clothes and still wearing t-shirts that he got when he was an infant.  However, his personality is HUGE.  He is a feisty little guy and at times can be really difficult. 

My kids almost always behave in public and that leads people to believe that my kids behave the same way at home.  Any parent knows that isn't the case and unless my kids know you extremely well, they don't tend to show their true colors. 

The last few days have been especially trying when it comes to Rory.  He's still potty training and although he's doing a pretty good job, when he does have an accident, it's not really an accident.  For example, he peed in his carseat the other day.  I know he could have held it until we got home, but he peed and then laughed as he told me.  He kept saying "That's funny, Mama."  Other times he has stood right in front of me and peed.  Just like Regan in The Exorcist except he doesn't tell me I'm going to die up there and he's not possessed, at least I don't think he is...

We are also cutting out Rory's naps.  I know he still needs a little one everyday and I let him sleep, but I don't actually put him down for a real nap like I used to.  He would easily sleep for 3 hours and then be up for just as many hours that night.  So now I just let him crash wherever he lands and let him sleep for at most, an hour. 

And finally, once Rory turns 3, he no longer is getting his binky.  I won't let him have one during the day at all, but he does still have it at night.  That has probably been the biggest obstacle as of late.  Usually he would get upset about something, go find his binky and his "B" (his blanket) and settle himself down.  Now that he doesn't get binky, he just gets more pissed off. 

All of these things have resulted in a lot of crying, tantrums and screaming in our house.  Some coming from Rory and some coming from me.  Kamryn has been trying to keep Rory in check and I usually don't stop her because she speaks the truth.  It's kind of funny to listen to her say "Rory, if you don't stop crying, I won't let you play with any toys and mommy is going to put you in your room."  She says it in a really sweet, sing-songy voice and he listens to her.

After a few particular frustrating conversations about snacks and when they would be administered, Rory climbed up on my lap and fell asleep.  I love holding sleeping babies.  They are just so peaceful and it was a nice reminder that my Little Buddy is just that...my little buddy.

Sorry for the boob shot - just focus on the cute little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment