Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Un-Resolution

I don't make resolutions.  Not for any particular reason...well, actually the one reason I don't make them is because everyone makes resolutions and I don't like to do things based only on the principle that everyone else does it. 

Each year, I do try to focus on something that I want to improve on.  This year it's to try to post something everyday on my blog.  I have been thinking about this for awhile and felt like I needed an event to signify the start of this challenge.  What better day, than New Years Day? 

I don't consider myself a writer, but I do like to write and I would like to get better at it.  When I think of writing 365 blog posts in 2012, it makes me a bit anxious.  However, it brings to mind the scene in Bad Santa when Billy Bob Thornton refilled the Advent calendar with random things he found and "The Kid" opens one up:
The Kid:  Candy Corn?
Willie:  Well they all can't be winners!

It also allows me to title things like Dave Matthews, ie 41.  Or maybe like Friends episodes.  The One Where Amy Talks About Nothing.  I even threw in some Seinfeld in that one! 

So there you have it.  Expect this year to be filled with musings, useless trivia, photos, recipes and maybe a few tips and tricks.  Also, if you are my friend, expect to be mentioned at some point.  There is no way I'll be able to come up with this stuff without adding some characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment